The FM is designed and manufactured for marine applications, mainly for use on diesel-driven reduction gears. In addition to its robust construction utilizing an integral rim and tube design, the FM‘s ventilated friction shoes and as-moulded linings allow for clutch slippage during forward and reverse maneouvering at low speeds, as well as periodic cycling engagements at high speeds.
- Dynamically balanced: Meets ISO G16 standard, minimizing engine room vibrations
- Rubber: Integrated nylon ply reinforced neoprene air tube
- Ventilated friction shoes: Promotes air flow for rapid heat dissipation
- Rim registration: A continuous registering around the rim assembly
- Configurations: Single, dual, and triple assemblies
- Friction material: Standard, Lo-Co, Hi-Co and cork friction linings
- Standard sizes: 26FM475, 30FM500, 35FM500, 40FM550, 48FM650
- Industry applications: Marine propulsion
- Certification: ABS Type Approval , ABS PDA Approval
- Interchangeability: Equal to Eaton Airflex® Type CM units
If you would like to see the technical product brochure for the FM marine clutch, please contact us.