Dellner Brakes will be exhibiting an expanded range of Dellner and Gummi USA-branded brakes and related power transmission products for the first time at Europort 2017 (from 7-10 November at the Rotterdam Ahoy), following Dellner’s acquisition of Gummi USA in September 2017.
Dellner Brakes CEO Marcus Aberg said: “This acquisition, the first in Dellner Brakes’ 50 year history, is a real milestone for our company. As well as strengthening our distribution in America, we are now able to offer customers a broader range of products to meet their power transmission needs. We are really looking forward to presenting this expanded product range at Europort and to welcoming customers and media to our stand.”
Alongside Gummi USA drum shaft brakes, reduction gear clutches, torsional couplings and rotary unions, Dellner Brakes will be showcasing their groundbreaking ‘stopping, turning, locking’ (STL) system.
The STL system is an innovative design that has seen continuous development from the company over recent years to meet the changing needs of the market and customers’ specific requirements. For example, Dellner Brakes has recently custom built their largest ever STL system for the UK Royal Navy’s new aircraft carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales. The 65,000 tonne vessels each have two propeller shafts, each fitted with an 11,000 kg STL system that allows operators to stop, hold and securely lock each shaft independently, and to individually turn the shafts and giant 33 tonne propellers for maintenance and blade assembly.
Dellner Brakes has also launched the world’s very first fully automated electrical version of the STL, to complement the company’s hydraulic systems. This patent pending Dellner electrical STL system is compact and needs no additional piping, making it quick, easy and cost effective to install, especially where space is at a premium. It’s simple to use, hard wearing and easy to maintain, and it’s perfect for applications where a clean environment is paramount, for example for use in green shipping zones.
To find out more about the full range of brakes, clutches and associated power transmission products available from Dellner Brakes, visit them at Europort 2017 on stand 1719 (Hall 1A) from 7 to 10 November.
More information and interviews
Dellner Brakes CEO Marcus Aberg will be available for interview at Europort on 9 November from 1-5pm and you can also pick up a full media pack from our stand 1719 in Hall 1A at any time. For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact Jane Smith on +44 (0)7800 523077, e-mail jane@LE16.com. Please also feel free to drop by our Happy Hour event, every day from 4-5pm.
Notes to editors
- Dellner Brakes AB, established in Sweden in the 1960s, brings over 50 years of experience and innovation to the braking market. Gummi USA, acquired by Dellner Brakes on 12 September 2017, was established in 1998 as a leading provider of flexible shaft couplings, drum clutches and brakes.
- The expanded company operates globally serving the industrial, marine and offshore markets. Applications include marine propulsion, dredging, oil and gas drilling, mining, quarrying, pulp and paper manufacture.
- Dellner Brakes is a small, flexible company with 26 employees, which allows them to adapt quickly to meet changing market and customer needs.
- Dellner and Gummi brands are both certified according to ISO 9001:2008 assuring customers of the highest quality products, every time.
- From two large stock facilities in Borlange, Sweden and Houston, Texas – and working with a global network of dedicated contractors and distributors – Dellner Brakes can ship any component or spare part, and some finished systems, anywhere in the world in just 24 hours. As part of the 700 employee global Dellner group, the company also benefits from access to production, sales and service facilities all over the world.
- Dellner Brakes CEO Marcus Aberg (right) and vice president Edgar Roca outside the company’s new warehouse in Houston, Texas
- Expanded product range – Dellner brakes and clutches
Queen Elizabeth aircraft carriers
Jane Smith, LE16 Communications, email jane@LE16.com, telephone +44 (0)7800 523077